WHY SHOULD I USE ~OKEANOS? IN WHAT WAYS THIS SERVICE BENEFITS ME?
~okeanos provides the advantage of creating virtual machines. Those virtual computers have the same potential as the physical computers that we are used to work with, but they add more flexibility and convenience. For example, you could create one or more computers with the processing power you desire immediately from your desk and without spending any money. In addition, you could easily create a local network and connect your virtual machines. Provided that you have an Internet connection, you can use your virtual computers as much as you want, from everywhere. You could install and use different operating systems without the need to format your disk or to configure installation parameters. Your virtual machine could work on a demanding task all night, while you shut down your computer and go to bed. The "pithos+" service could fulfill all your storage needs, by providing up to 50GB disk space, so that you are able to store your data online and access them from your virtual machines and from other locations and devices.
- What is ~okeanos?
- Who will be able to have access to the ~okeanos service?
- Why should I use ~okeanos? In what ways this service benefits me?
- What about the software I can install and use with my VMs?
- I have registered with the service but no confirmation mail has been sent to me yet.
- Where should I ask for help about problems I encounter with my virtual machines or with my account?
- Is there a trial version of ~okeanos for non-academic users?
- What web browser should I use to access the ~okeanos service?
- What are the requirements for my computer in order to use ~okeanos?
- What Operating Systems are available to install on my VMs?
- What factors affect the performance of the Virtual Machines?
- Does ~okeanos support nested virtualization?